Sunday, July 22, 2012

Initial thoughts- BH Tropical shimmer palette and Eyeko London liner

I had meant to sit down and do this earlier but I got a little sidetracked. I used my both my Tropical shimmer palette and Eyeko liner for the first time today and thought it would be nice to post my initial thoughts. I'll start with the liner since I've had that longer.
I have never been a fan of liquid liner just because I've found it so hard to mess up. The pens that I've tried in the past were never what I'd expected them to be, and I'd about given up hope I'd ever find exactly what I wanted. I was right. I didn't find it, Birchbox did. I LOVE this liner, it goes on so easily and smoothly, it's amazing! The color is also fun and unexpected, and I can't wait to use it again. I'm already looking into buying more liners from this company. :)
The Tropical palette was exactly what I expect from BH: great color payoff with little effort. The shimmer was not overpowering in the least, and was a nice compliment instead of a distraction. It'll be a lot of fun testing the colors, especially since they're all so well coordinated already. I'm loving bronze and gold this summer, and there are plenty of those to play with.
 I get to use my matte palette tomorrow, so expect another first impressions post. I also plan on doing another video, but that depends on time. I also have a tentative plan for a mixed matte/shimmer look for Monday, but I have class so that's a major tentative.
 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment